** Vegan gluten free brownies ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free
1 tbsp milled flaxseed
50ml lukewarm water
250g any plain flour (I use gluten free)
60g cocoa powder
250g caster sugar
150g brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
100ml milk (I use rice milk)
280ml flavourless oil (sunflower oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil)
*** Method ***
• Mix the flaxseed and water and whisk, leave a side for at least 10 minutes
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugars, baking powder and salt (dry mix)
• In a separate bowl, put all the other ingredients along with the extra water and whisk well. (Liquid ingredients)
• Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Ensure it is mixed well.
• Pour into a greased baking dish.
• Baked for 25 minutes. Do not over bake, should still be soft in the middle.