Sugar free Spinach muffins
*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free ***
1 tbsp milled flaxseed
3 tbsp hot water
1 apple (peeled and core removed)
Cup of Spinach
180ml/three quarters of a cup of milk (any milk will work)
125m/half a cup flavourless oil (Sunflower oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil, corn oil)
225g/2 cups self raising flour (I use gluten free self raising flour)
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcuis.
- Add the water to the flaxseed and whisk with fork and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Put at the wet ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold in until fully mixed in.
- Spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
These freeze well.
Great for a snack or putting into a lunchbox.
If you don’t have an avocado, you can swap with a banana
You can swap the apple for a carrot