Simple apple cake***Dairy free, Soya free, egg free and gluten free ***
200g/2 cups self raising flour (I use gluten free self raising flour)
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
100g/ half cup caster sugar
120g/half cup&1 tbsp melted butter or oil
125ml/half cup milk (I use rice milk)
1 cooking apple – these are sourer that eating apples
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcuis
- Mix all the ingredients together except the apple. Make sure they are well combined. Add extra milk if it’s not fully coming together.
- Peel and slice the apple and fold into the cake mix.
- Put in lined loaf tin and bake for 40/45 minutes.
- If using eating apple, use half the amount of sugar.
- Makes 10 muffins, bake for 20 minutes.
- Add 50g of raisins or 50g of chocolate chips