*** Vegan chocolate cake ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free
Very moist cake
1 ripe avocado
300g brown sugar
300g gluten free flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tsp baking powder
Half tsp of salt
400ml milk (rice milk is best in vegan baking)
170g dairy free butter
• Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
• Put avocado and sugar in food processor and blend well.
• Add all other ingredients and blend well.
• Divide between 2 lines cake tins.
• Bake for 30/35 minutes.
• Leave in tins until cool.
Decorate as required. I used vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream.
Vegan ganache can also used to decorate.
Milk – Rice milk is best in vegan baking as it holds air better than many alternative milks.