Sweet potato chocolate loaf
*** Dairy free, egg free, gluten free and no added sugar ***
150g sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
1 apple (peel and cored)
1 carrot (chopped)
100g nut butter (alternatively vegan butter can be used)
200g plain flour (any flour will work)
30g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Boil the sweet potato, apple and carrot until very soft. Drain of most of the water, leaving about a tablespoon of water in the saucepan. Add the nut butter and mash well until smooth (I find it’s easier to use a hand blender to get it smooth).
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until completely combined. Any additional ingredients will be added at this stage. Add a little water if it’s too dry.
- Put in a loaf tin
- Bake in oven for 45/50 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of golden syrup/maple syrup/honey.
- Add 50g chopped nuts
- Add a large tablespoon of chocolate spread
- Add 50g chocolate chips
- Add 50g raisins or dried fruit
- Add one grated apple/carrot
- Replace the 50g cocoa with an extra 50g flour.