*** Nutty chocolate cake ***
Dairy free, soya free and gluten free
200g dairy free butter (I use Stork margarine)
100g caster sugar
170g plain flour (I use gluten free)
30g cocoa powder
400g dairy free and Soya free chocolate
250g dairy free butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
50g walnuts (crushed)
50g cashews (chopped)
80g small marshmallows
*** Method ***
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Cream the butter and sugar together
• Add the cornflour, flour and cocoa powder and mix well
• Press the dough into a lined tin.
• Bake for 15/20 minutes.
• Remove from oven and set a side to cool
• Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup together over a low heat or gently in microwave
• Let it cool for a while and then add the nuts and half the marshmallows
• Place topping on base.
• Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows and some chopped nuts.
• Place in fridge to set
For these to be vegan, vegan marshmallows are required.