*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free, gluten free and no added sugar ***
For the based:
- 100g Cup of Dates
- 100g of Cashews
For the cashew topping:
- 100g of Dates
- 100g of Cashew Butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- Pinch of salt
For the chocolate topping:
- 100g dark dairy and soya free chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
*** Method ***
- Soak all the dates in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Put the cashew nuts in the blender and blend until to get to a flour like consistency.
- Fully drain the dates and add half to the blender. Blend until all the dates are broken down and the mixture comes together.
- Press the mixture down in a lined baking tray and place in fridge while you make topping.
- To make the topping, blend the rest of the dates until as smooth as possible.
- Add in the cashew butter and melted coconut oil.
- Spread the topping on the base and place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil for on top.
- Spread the chocolate across the top. Since the cashew topping is frozen, the chocolate will harden very quickly, even as you spread it.
- Put it back in freezer to allow chocolate to fully set.
- Cut in squares.
- They can be stored in either the fridge or freezer and remove as required.