*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free and wheat/gluten free ***
*** Banana bread ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free
- 8oz flour (I use Lidl gluten free plain flour but any flour mix will work)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4oz sugar
- 80 ml favourless oil (sunflower, vegetable, rapeseed etc)
- 3 well ripe bananas (well mashed)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Mix all ingredients except bananas together.
- Add the bananas into other ingredients and mix well.
- I sprinkled some sugar on top
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- If not gluten free, this recipe works well with half wholemeal flour/half white flour
- If you have no gluten free self raising flour, you can use any plain flour and add 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda and half a teaspoon zanthan gum.
- Add 50g raisins
- Add 50g grated apples
- Add 50g chopped nuts