*** Simple egg free and dairy free pancakes ***
Can easily be made gluten free too.
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk (any milk will work)
Half a ripe banana or half a cup of apple puree
1 tablespoon of oil
- Mix the flour, milk and oil together.
- Mash the banana/apple puree and add to mixture and mix well.
- Best to use either an electric mixer or blender otherwise you will end up with lumps of banana.
- Fry on a hot frying pan using either df butter or df margarine. I use stork margarine as I find it best.
- For thickener/fluffier pancakes use self raising flour and fry on a medium heat for a long time.
- The crepe/thinner pancakes are really nice using buckwheat flour.
- Instead of the banana or apple use a tablespoon of milled flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of hot water.