*** Simple lemon loaf ***
Dairy free, egg free and gluten free
250g self raising flour (I use gluten free self raising flour)
1 tsp baking powder
60ml sunflower oil
150ml milk (any alternative milk)
20ml golden syrup
50ml lemon juice
1 tsp cider vinegar
Half teaspoon vanilla essence
• Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
• Sieve flour and baking soda together. Add the sugar and mix together.
• In another bowl whisk the milk, oil, vanilla, lemon juice, syrup and cider vinegar together. (this is really important)
• Add the liquid to dry ingredients and fold in but take care not to over mix. Put in loaf tin immediately and get it into the oven as quick as possible .
• Bake at 170 degrees celsius for 45/50 minutes.