Peanut butter cookies
** Dairy free, egg free and gluten free **
100g Dairy free butter
100g peanut butter
60g demerara sugar
60g caster sugar
60ml maple syrup
100g plain flour (works for any flour)
50g peanuts or dairy free choc chips
– Method –
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Cream butters & sugars until pale, light & fluffy
• Add maple syrup and generally mix in.
• Sift flour and fold in
• If using peanuts or choc chips add at this point
• Using a spoon form a ball and place onto lined baking trays, flatten down with back of spoon. Allow space in between them.
•Bake for 5 minutes then take tray out and give it a sharp bang on the worktop to deflate the cookies
• Return to oven for a further 5 minutes until golden brown (mine always take a couple of minutes longer but be careful not to over bake.
• Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before putting on wire tray.