Chocolate chunk biscuits
**Egg free, dairy free & gluten free **
100g/half cup dairy free butter (soft)
50g/quarter cup caster sugar
100g/half cup brown sugar
225g/1&half cup plain flour (sieved)
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp golden syrup/maple syrup/corn syrup
100g/1 cup chopped chocolate
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
– Cream the butter and sugar together
– Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda and mix well.
– While mixer is going, add the water, oil and syrup.
– Fold in the chocolate.
– Roll into balls, place on lined baking tray and bake for 12/14 minutes.
– Careful not to over bake.
– Half way through baking, remove from oven and tap on worktop. Do this again at end of bake.
– Leave on tray for 5 minutes and move to wired tray to fully cool.