*** Vegan chocolate buns ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free
2 teaspoon milled flaxseed
35ml lukewarm water
170g Gluten free plain flour
40g cocoa powder
170g caster sugar
100g brown sugar
Half tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
80ml milk (I use rice milk)
175ml flavourless oil (sunflower oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil)
*** Method ***
• Mix the flaxseed and water and whisk, leave a side for at least 10 minutes
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugars, baking powder and salt (dry mix)
• In a separate bowl, put all the other ingredients along with the extra water and whisk well. (Liquid ingredients)
• Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Ensure it is mixed well.
• Pour into bun cases.
• Baked for 18/20 minutes. Do not over bake, should still be soft in the middle.