*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free ***
360ml rice milk
1.5tsp apple cider vinegar
250g caster sugar
150ml sunflower oil
200g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt together. Add the sugar and mix. (Dry mix)
- Whisk together the milk, vinegar and oil. Don’t worry if the milk curdles (wet mix).
- Prepare two cake tins – 20cm/8inch tins.
- Add the wet mix and fold into dry mix. Do not over mix and immediately get it into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Decorate with vegan ganache. https://freefromyummies.ie/2018/11/07/vegan-ganache/