*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free ***
360ml rice milk
1.5tsp apple cider vinegar
250g caster sugar
150ml sunflower oil
200g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt together. Add the sugar and mix. (Dry mix)
- Whisk together the milk, vinegar and oil. Don’t worry if the milk curdles (wet mix).
- Prepare two cake tins – 20cm/8inch tins.
- Add the wet mix and fold into dry mix. Do not over mix and immediately get it into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Decorate with vegan ganache. https://freefromyummies.ie/2018/11/07/vegan-ganache/
5 thoughts on “Yummy Vegan Chocolate Fudge cake”
In reply to your actual question, yes it is gluten free once you use gluten free flour.
Typo – I use plain gluten free flour. There’s numerous brands of plain gluten free flours.
Hi sorry to be pedantic, really like the look of this recipe but it claims to be gluten free and then you just list plain flour in the recipe. Is that gluten free flour or not?
I use plain gluten flour. There’s numerous brands of plain gluten flour.
I LOVE this cake. I have tried so so many vegan and gluten free cakes and they were terrible but this is great. I’ve served it at parties too and people love it. I used nuttelex butter instead of oil and didn’t use the bicarb as they tasted a bit too strong for me but now its perfect 🙂