*** Vegan cheesecake ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and easily made gluten free.
One can of coconut milk (400g)
200g dairy free chocolate
2 tbsp icing sugar (powdered sugar)
250g biscuits (any biscuits will work – a mixture of digestives and ginger biscuits is nice)
100g dairy free butter
- Store can of coconut milk in fridge over night. This will allow the cream to rise to the top.
- Crush biscuits in blender. Melt the butter and add to the crushed biscuits. Place crush biscuits in bottom of cake dish.
- Melt the chocolate – set aside to cool.
- Using only the cream of the coconut milk (not the water), whisk with the sugar.
- Add melted chocolate to coconut milk (need to have cooled slightly) and mix well.
- Spread across top of crushed biscuits. Place in fridge for a few hours to set.
• Use gluten free biscuits in base.
• Use 2 cans of coconut milk (800g) and 400g of chocolate to make top thicker.
Possible to freeze and will keep in freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight before using.