*** Vegan gluten free vegetable muffins ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free healthy savoury muffins
1 medium courgette – finely grated
1 medium carrot – finely grated
30g sweet corn
100ml any milk
60ml flavourless oil
1 well mashed banana
250 plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
*** Method ***
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Mix the vegetables, milk, yogurt, oil and banana well together
• Slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt. Make sure it’s fully mixed but do not over mix.
• Spoon in to bun cases
• Bake for 15/18 minutes
- Rice milk is the best alternative milk for baking
- I use coconut yogurt (koko)
- If you use fruit flavoured yogurt it adds a variation to the flavour
- I used rapeseed oil but sunflower or vegetable oil also works
- If there is any of the vegetables you do not wish to use, add more of a different vegetable.
- I used Aldi Gluten free flour
- If you remove the juice from the grated vegetables then add 30ml extra milk.
- If you are not gluten free then this recipe works well with half plain flour and half Wholemeal flour.
- They freeze well so handy for lunch box.