*** Coconut muffins ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free
200ml coconut milk
20ml cider vinegar
160g self raising flour
40g coconut flour
30g desiccated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
150g caster sugar
40g brown sugar
80ml melted coconut oil
(If using gluten free plain flour then use a half teaspoon of xanthan gum and an extra teaspoon of baking powder with the gluten free plain flour)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix the milk and cider together and set a side.
- Sieve the flours and add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the oil to the milk and cider mixture and whisk.
- Immediated spoon into bun cases (should make 12 muffins).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.