*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free, nut free and gluten free ***
200g/2 cups gluten free self raising flour
50g/half a cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
100g/half a cup sugar
60ml/4 tblsp flavourless oil (sunflower oil
200ml/1 cup milk (any alternative milk)
20ml/1 tblsp/30g golden syrup or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcuis
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together. Add the sugar.
- In another bowl whisk the milk, oil and syrup together.
- Add the liquid to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40/45 minutes.
If you double the quantities, you can make a sandwich cake. Put buttercream in the middle. Dairy free Butter cream
Or use a ganache to decorate Vegan Ganache
- If you are using Plain gluten free flour, add 2 additional teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of bicarbonated soda and half of teaspoon of xanthan gum.