*** Very easy honeycomb ***
Free from all the top allergens
100g caster sugar
40ml golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Spray of oil
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and spray with oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix sugar and golden syrup and melt over low heat. When sugar is fully melted, turn up heat to allow mixture to turn a carmel colour (this will happen quite quickly). Be careful not to burn it.
- Turn off heat and add bicarbonate soda and quickly mix well together. Make sure bicarbonate soda is fully absorbed.
- Mixture should be bubbling. Transfer immediately to baking tray.
- It should expand in size on baking tray, leave 60/90 minutes to harden.
A question regularly asked is what is golden syrup? The following information is taken directly from Wikipedia.
Golden syrup or light treacle is a thick amber-coloured form of inverted sugar syrup made in the process of refining sugar cane or sugar beet juice into sugar, or by treatment of a sugar solution with acid. It is used in a variety of baking recipes and desserts. It has an appearance similar to honey and is often used as a substitute where honey is unavailable or prohibitively expensive.
A common brand used is Lyle Golden Syrup.