Sweet potato chocolate biscuits
*** Dairy free, egg free, gluten feee and no added sugar ***
150g sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
1 apple (peel and cored)
1 carrot (chopped)
100g nut butter
200g plain flour (any flour will work)
30g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Boil the sweet potato, apple and carrot until very soft. Drain of most of the water, leaving about a tablespoon of water in the saucepan. Add the nut butter and mash well until smooth (I find it’s easier to use a hand blender to get it smooth).
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until completely combined. Add a little water if it’s too dry and doesn’t come together.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes.
- Bake in oven for 15/18 minutes.
- Add 50g chopped nuts
- Add a generous tablespoon of chocolate spread
- Add 50g chocolate chips
- Add 50g raisins or dried fruit
- Replace the 50g cocoa with an extra 50g flour.