*** Simple plain buns ***
Dairy free, egg free and gluten free
250g self raising flour (I use Aldi gluten free self raising flour)
1 tsp baking powder
60ml flavourless oil (sunflower oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil)
200ml milk (any alternative milk)
20ml golden syrup/maple syrup
1 tsp cider vinegar
Half teaspoon vanilla essence
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Sieve flour and baking soda together. Add the sugar.
• In another bowl whisk the milk, oil, vanilla, syrup and cider vinegar together. (this is really important)
• Add the liquid to dry ingredients and mix well but don’t over mix. Put in bun cases immediately and get them into the oven as quick as possible .
• Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
If you double the quantities, you can make a sandwich cake, bake for 35/40 minutes. Put buttercream in the middle. https://freefromyummies.ie/2018/11/14/dairy-free-butter-cream/