*** Simple plain buns ***
Dairy free, egg free and gluten free
250g/1&half cups gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g/half cup sugar
60ml/quarter cup flavourless oil (sunflower oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil)
200ml/three quarter cup milk (any alternative milk)
15ml/1 tbsp golden syrup/maple syrup
1 tsp cider vinegar
Half tsp vanilla essence
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Sieve flour and baking powder together. Add the sugar. Mix together.
• In another bowl whisk the milk, oil, vanilla, syrup and cider vinegar together. (this is really important)
• Add the liquid to dry ingredients and mix well but don’t over mix.
• Put in bun cases (makes 10 cupcakes) immediately and get them into the oven as quick as possible .
• Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
If you double the quantities, you can make a sandwich cake, bake for 35/40 minutes. Put buttercream in the middle. https://freefromyummies.ie/2018/11/14/dairy-free-butter-cream/
2 thoughts on “Simple Buns/Fairy cakes/cupcakes”
Thanks for posting . I tried this recipe today but as I was half way through I noticed that the ingredients list mention baking powder and the recipe says baking soda . I made them and think they came out pretty nice but maybe thinking you meant baking soda as they don’t look like the photo!
Thanks for you comment. It was a typo and it should have said baking powder in both locations.
I’m sorry to hear that they didnt turn out like the photo.