*** Basic muffin recipe***
Add any flavour
Dairy free, egg free and gluten free
*** can be made sugar free***
150g self raising flour
(If gluten free replace the flour with 150g of any gluten free plain flour
1/4 tsp xanthan gum, 2 tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp bicarbonate soda (baking soda))
1 pinch of salt
60g dairy free butter melted or 60ml oil
60g of any pureed vegetables or fruit
60ml milk (I use rice milk but any milk will work)
15ml lemon juice
15 ml maple/golden syrup (optional)
1 cup of grated carrot/parsnip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the melted butter/milk/pouch/lemon juice and syrup together.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the grated carrot, don’t over mix.
- Bake in the oven for 18/20 minutes, they didn’t colour but don’t over cook as they’ll go hard.
They freeze well so handy for lunch box.