*** Millet bites ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten/wheat free
*** Ingredients ***
- 150g Gluten free millet flakes (can also be done using Oats or buckwheat flakes)
- 1 ripe banana or half cup of pureed apple
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil melted
*** Method ***
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Mashed the banana/pureed apples and add the flakes and coconut oil and mix well.
- On a lined baking tray you can role is small balls and cook as balls (these will take slightly longer to bake through) or flatten them out and bake as discs.
- Bake in oven for 12/15 minutes, until brown but don’t allow them to become too hard. Remove from oven and leave on baking tray to cool slightly (approx. 5 minutes) and transfer to wire tray in order to fully cool.
*** Alternatives ***
- Add 2 tablespoons of grated apple
- Add a handful of raisins/dried fruit/chocolate chips
- Spread melted chocolate to one side
- Add 2 tablespoon of golden syrup