Vegan gluten free Birthday
Free from 14 allergens
500g/2 cups self raising gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g/1 cup sugar
120ml/½ cup sunflower oil
400ml/1 and 2/3 cups milk (any alternative milk)
45ml/3 tbls golden syrup/maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Food colouring- quantity will depend on brand
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Sieve flour and baking soda together. Add the sugar.
• In another bowl whisk the milk, oil, vanilla and syrup together. (this is really important)
• Add the liquid to dry ingredients and mix well but don’t over mix.
• Split into 4 portions. Add required colour to each. Put into lined baking tray (8inch circular)
• Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 25 minutes.
Put buttercream between layers. https://freefromyummies.ie/2018/11/14/dairy-free-butter-cream/
Self Raising Gluten free Flour
Many supermarkets will have their version so gluten free flours. They usually consist of a mix of different Gluten free flours mixed in different portions, depending on the property of each flour.
One variety is Dove Self Raising Flour.
One thought on “Rainbow vegan cake”
Great post 😊