Vegan gluten free Birthday
Free from 14 allergens
500g/2 cups self raising gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g/1 cup sugar
120ml/½ cup sunflower oil
400ml/1 and 2/3 cups milk (any alternative milk)
45ml/3 tbls golden syrup/maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Food colouring- quantity will depend on brand
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Sieve flour and baking soda together. Add the sugar.
• In another bowl whisk the milk, oil, vanilla and syrup together. (this is really important)
• Add the liquid to dry ingredients and mix well but don’t over mix.
• Split into 4 portions. Add required colour to each. Put into lined baking tray (8inch circular)
• Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 25 minutes.
Put buttercream between layers. https://freefromyummies.ie/2018/11/14/dairy-free-butter-cream/
Self Raising Gluten free Flour
Many supermarkets will have their version so gluten free flours. They usually consist of a mix of different Gluten free flours mixed in different portions, depending on the property of each flour.
One variety is Dove Self Raising Flour.