Sweet potato and carrot cake
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free
200g sweet potato
130g dairy free butter/margarine
200g flour (I used gluten free flour)
1 tbsp golden syrup (optional)
- Boil sweet potato and carrot until very soft (you can do this in microwave). Remove the water from the vegetables and add butter/margarine and mash well, even better if pureed with hand blender.
- Sieve flour and add to vegetables. Add golden syrup and mix well.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 25/30 minutes.
- Do not over cook as it’ll go hard.
Sweet potato chocolate biscuits
*** Dairy free, egg free, gluten feee and no added sugar ***
150g sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
1 apple (peel and cored)
1 carrot (chopped)
100g nut butter
200g plain flour (any flour will work)
30g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Boil the sweet potato, apple and carrot until very soft. Drain of most of the water, leaving about a tablespoon of water in the saucepan. Add the nut butter and mash well until smooth (I find it’s easier to use a hand blender to get it smooth).
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until completely combined. Add a little water if it’s too dry and doesn’t come together.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes.
- Bake in oven for 15/18 minutes.
- Add 50g chopped nuts
- Add a generous tablespoon of chocolate spread
- Add 50g chocolate chips
- Add 50g raisins or dried fruit
- Replace the 50g cocoa with an extra 50g flour.
*** Sugar free brownies ***
Dairy free, egg free and gluten free and sugar free
100g Sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
2 apples (peeled and chopped)
120g flour (I use gluten free flour, any flour will work)
30g cocoa powder
50g nut butter
20g dairy free butter
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Boil the sweet potato and apples until soft and remove most of the water but leave about 2 tbsp of the water in the pot.
• Add the butters and let them melt.
• Puree with hand blender.
• Mix in the flour and cocoa powder, mix well. Put in baking tin but do not flattened down.
• Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Add 50g dried raisins/dried fruit/dairy free chocolate chips add after flour & cocoa.
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup/honey/maple syrup, add with the butter
- Add 50g chopped hazelnuts, add with the flour