***Dairy free, egg free, nut free and gluten free***
2 tbsp milled flaxseed
half a cup/125ml warm water
1 cup /125g raspberries/chopped blueberries/chopped strawberries/mixed berries
4 tbsp/50g any butter or oil
1cup/110g flour (any flour)
1 cup/110g millet flakes (or any other breakfast flakes)
4 tbsp/50g corn flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix the milled flaxseed with the water. Whisk with fork. Set a side for at least 10 minutes.
- Mash the banana and other fruit and add all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Put in lined tin and bake for 18/20 minutes. It should start going golden brown but not hard.
- Add half a cup of raisins/dried fruit
- Add 2 tbsp of maple syrup/honey/golden syrup
- Add a grated apple
- Add 2 tbsp of any nut butter
- Add half a cup of chopped nuts
- 2 tsp nutmeg / cinnamon
- Half a cup of dairy free chocolate chips
- Add half a cup of any fruit puree
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free.
- 50g sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 75g dairy free butter
- 150g buckwheat flakes
- 50g corn flakes (use gluten free if required)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcuis (350 F)
- Put the butter/sugar/syrup in a saucepan and on a medium heat gently heat until the sugar melts.
- Add the flakes and mix until fully combine.
- Spread on a lined baking tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Use oats/millet/quinoa flakes instead of buckwheat
- Use maple syrup instead of golden syrup
- Add 50g raisins/dried fruit.
- Add 50g dairy free chocolate chips
- Spread dairy free chocolate across the top.
- Add 2 tablespoons of nut butter.
- Use rice krispies instead of corn flakes.
*** #dairyfree #soyafree #eggfree #nutfree #peanutfree #glutenfree #vegan ****
220g gluten free plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
half teaspoon xanthan gum
half teaspoon salt
50g dairy free butter
1 tablespoon of milled flaxseed mixed 50ml of warm water
130ml dairy free milk (rice milk is best for baking)
1 teaspoon of mixed spices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Add the milled flaxseed to the warm water, whisk with fork and set aside for at least 10 minutes
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, bicarbonate soda and xanthan gum together, add the salt and sugar and mix will.
- Add the butter and rub in until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add milk to milled flaxseed mix and whisk together. Slowly add this to the mix. If it doesn’t come together, add a small amount of additional water. Be careful not to add too much water.
- Rolled out on floured surface and cut as required.
- Bake in oven for approximately 18 minutes. They should be golden brown and firm to touch.
- Add 50g of raisins/other dried fruit/dairy free chocolate chips after the butter is rubbed in.
- Add 50g of fresh raspberries/strawberries chopped after the butter is rubbed in.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pureed apple but reduce the milk by 30ml.
Very simple banana bites. No added sugar.
3 ingredient banana snack
*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free, gluten free and no added sugar ***
1 ripe banana
100g plain flour
50g nut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcuis.
- Put all ingredients into blender and mix well. If it doesn’t come together, add a small a moment of water.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut as required. You also cut after baking if you prefer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- If nut free, use any butter and add nutmeg or cinnamon for flavour.
- Add a tablespoon of flaxseed.
- Add raisins/dried fruit/chocolate chips.
- Serve with chocolate spread or make a sandwich biscuit.
- Add a grated apple.
- Replace 20g of flour with 20g of cocoa powder.
Healthy sugar free muffins
***Dairy free, egg free, gluten free, sugar free***
- 1 avocado
- 2 carrots
- 2 eating apples
- 100ml sunflower oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 100g dates
- 220g self raising flour (I used gluten free flour)
- 50g fine oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcuis/350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put all the wet ingredients into a blender and mix well.
- In another bowl, put all the other ingredients and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Put in muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Instead of oats use millet flakes or buckwheat flakes or quinoa flakes.
- Add 50g raisins
- If not use gluten free flour then use wholemeal self raising flour
- Add chopped nuts
- Add 50g raspberries or strawberries or blueberries
- Replace the apples with a grated carrot.
**** Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free ****
150g dairy free butter/stork margarine – melted
2 cups of stewed apples
250g gf self raising flour (sieve)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
Mix all the ingredients together.
140 degrees for 50 minutes
*** Banana and apple Scones ***
Dairy free, egg free, gluten free and no added sugar
200g gluten free flour
100g Dairy free butter
2 ripen bananas (well mashed)
1 apple grated
1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
• Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
• Rub the butter into the flour and cinnamon.
• Add the mashed bananas and grated apple and mix well.
• Roll out on a floured surface and cut with cutter.
• Bake for around 20 minutes.
*** Simple egg free and dairy free pancakes ***
Can easily be made gluten free too.
1 cup/180g of any flour
1 cup/240ml of milk (any milk will work)
A banana or cup of apple puree
1 tablespoon of oil
- Mix the flour, milk and oil together.
- Mash the banana/apple puree and add to mixture and mix well.
- Best to use either an electric mixer or blender otherwise you will end up with lumps of banana.
- Fry on a hot frying pan using either df butter or df margarine.
- For thickener/fluffier pancakes use self raising flour and fry on a medium heat until golden brown.
- The crepe/thinner pancakes are really nice using buckwheat flour.
- Instead of the banana or apple use a tablespoon of milled flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of hot water.
- Add chocolate chips or cocoa powder for chocolate pancakes
*** Nutty banana bread ***
Dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free.
Easily made free of added sugar
2 ripen bananas well mashed
200g self raising flour (I use Aldi gf self raising)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
50g chopped nuts
70g dairy free butter (I use Stork margarine)
30g nut butter
** Method **
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Mix in the mashed bananas
- Add the chopped nuts and honey
- Melt the butters and add. Mix well.
- Place in loaf tin and bake for 40/45 minutes.