Chocolate chunk cookies
**Egg free, dairy free, nut free & gluten free **
100g/half a cup dairy free butter (Stork margarine in gold foil)
50g/quarter of a cup caster sugar/baker sugar
100g/half a cup brown sugar
225g/2 cups plain gluten free flour (any plain flour will work)
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp golden syrup/honey/maple syrup/corn syrup
100g/1 cup chopped chocolate
– Preheat oven to 180 C/356 F
– Cream the butter and sugar together
– Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda and mix well.
– While mixer is going, add the water, oil and golden syrup.
– Fold in the chocolate.
– Roll into balls, place on lined baking tray.
– Chill in fridge for about 30 minutes before baking. Bake for 12/15 minutes.
– Careful not to over bake.
– Half way through baking, remove from oven and tap on worktop. Do this again at end of bake.
– Leave on tray for 5 minutes and move to wired tray to fully cool.
- Add a cup of chopped nuts
- Replace 30g/2 tablespoons of the flour with cocoa powder
- Use 50g white chocolate chips and add 50g of dried chopped cranberries
- Instead of chocolate, add 100g raisins.
Dairy free, soya free and egg free. Easily made gluten free using gluten free biscuits.
*** Dairy free, soya free and egg free Chocolate biscuit cake ***
300g dairy free butter
180ml golden syrup
250g dairy and soya free chocolate
200g Digestive biscuits (crushed)
200g Rich tea biscuits (crushed)
150g ginger nut biscuits
• Melt butter, chocolate and golden syrup
• Add crush biscuits and mix well.
• Put in lined cake tin and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Read ingredients of the biscuits as some are not dairy free and soya free. Most shop own brand versions are dairy free and soya free.
- For variations you could add nuts, honeycomb, dried fruit or marshmallows.
*** #dairyfree #eggfree #soyafree #nutfree #peanutfree #glutenfree ***
170g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
120g dairy free soft butter
70g brown sugar
30g powdered sugar (icing sugar)
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Mix all ingredients together. Make sure it well combined
- Role in balls, lay out on greaseproof paper and flatten with back of teaspoon.
- Bake in over for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Replace 30g of flour with 30g of cocoa powder
- Add 50g of dairy free chocolate chips.
- Replace 50g of the butter with 50g nut butter.
Very simple banana bites. No added sugar.
3 ingredient banana snack
*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free, gluten free and no added sugar ***
1 ripe banana
100g plain flour
50g nut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcuis.
- Put all ingredients into blender and mix well. If it doesn’t come together, add a small a moment of water.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut as required. You also cut after baking if you prefer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- If nut free, use any butter and add nutmeg or cinnamon for flavour.
- Add a tablespoon of flaxseed.
- Add raisins/dried fruit/chocolate chips.
- Serve with chocolate spread or make a sandwich biscuit.
- Add a grated apple.
- Replace 20g of flour with 20g of cocoa powder.
Sweet potato chocolate biscuits
*** Dairy free, egg free, gluten feee and no added sugar ***
150g sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
1 apple (peel and cored)
1 carrot (chopped)
100g nut butter
200g plain flour (any flour will work)
30g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Boil the sweet potato, apple and carrot until very soft. Drain of most of the water, leaving about a tablespoon of water in the saucepan. Add the nut butter and mash well until smooth (I find it’s easier to use a hand blender to get it smooth).
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until completely combined. Add a little water if it’s too dry and doesn’t come together.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes.
- Bake in oven for 15/18 minutes.
- Add 50g chopped nuts
- Add a generous tablespoon of chocolate spread
- Add 50g chocolate chips
- Add 50g raisins or dried fruit
- Replace the 50g cocoa with an extra 50g flour.
*** Dairy free, egg free and gluten free shortbread biscuits ***
100g plain flour (any type of flour)
150g Dairy free butter
75g icing sugar (powder sugar)
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
• Cream the butter and sugar together
• Sieve in the flours
• Mix well until the ingredients come together
• Roll it out on a floured surface and cut into required shapes.
• Bake for 12 to 15 minutes