*** #dairyfree #soyafree #eggfree #nutfree #peanutfree #glutenfree #vegan ****
220g gluten free plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
half teaspoon xanthan gum
half teaspoon salt
50g dairy free butter
1 tablespoon of milled flaxseed mixed 50ml of warm water
130ml dairy free milk (rice milk is best for baking)
1 teaspoon of mixed spices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Add the milled flaxseed to the warm water, whisk with fork and set aside for at least 10 minutes
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, bicarbonate soda and xanthan gum together, add the salt and sugar and mix will.
- Add the butter and rub in until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add milk to milled flaxseed mix and whisk together. Slowly add this to the mix. If it doesn’t come together, add a small amount of additional water. Be careful not to add too much water.
- Rolled out on floured surface and cut as required.
- Bake in oven for approximately 18 minutes. They should be golden brown and firm to touch.
- Add 50g of raisins/other dried fruit/dairy free chocolate chips after the butter is rubbed in.
- Add 50g of fresh raspberries/strawberries chopped after the butter is rubbed in.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pureed apple but reduce the milk by 30ml.