*** Vegan coconut condensed milk ***
1 can of full fat coconut milk (400g)
100g/½ cup sugar
50g/¼ cup dairy free butter
- Place the tinned coconut milk in fridge over night to it will raise to the top of the can.
- Take the coconut cream from the canned milk and put in saucepan. You do not need to be exact. It doesn’t matter if some of the water form the can is added as it will evaporate.
- Place all ingredients in saucepan and put on cooker at a medium/low and leave lid off. Do not allow boil, simmer.
- Cook for 1 hour, mix every 15 minutes. It should have reduced in volume.
- Mix well at the end of the time and pour into jar to cool and thicken. Place in fridge overnight.
- Can be made using alternative milks creams. It may require a longer time depending on fat content of milk been used.
- Works well with soya cream or oat milk cream.