Vegan chocolate cake
#dairyfree #soyafree #eggfree #vegan #glutenfree #nutfree
300g/3 cups gluten free self raising flour
75g/3 quarters cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
150g/4 quarters cup caster sugar
30ml/5 tblsp flavourless oil (sunflower/vegetable/rapeseed oil)
300ml/1&quarter cup milk (rice milk is best in vegan baking)
30ml/2 tblsp/45g golden syrup or maple syrup or honey
- Preheat fan oven to 180C/355F.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together. Add the sugar.
- In another bowl whisk the milk, oil and syrup together.
- Add the liquid to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into two lined or greases tin – 8 inch circular tins
- Bake for 30 minutes, be careful not too over bake as it will dry out.
- Leave to cool in the tins for at least 30 minutes, remove from tins and put on wire tray to cool fully.
- When fully cool put buttercream in between cake layers.