This is a great dessert idea.
Dairy free, egg free.
Easily made gluten free by using gluten free biscuits.
- 200g oreos biscuits
- 100g dairy free butter
‘CREAM CHEESE’ TOPPING
- 200 g /1 cup cashews
- 70g/third cup coconut oil
- 125ml/half cup tinned coconut milk cream
- 100g/1 cup Oreos
- 45mk/3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 65ml/quarter cup maple syrup
- Soak the cashews over night in water.
- Place tin of coconut milk in fridge overnight. The cream will rise to top.
- Make the base first as this needs to set, crush the biscuits and melt the dairy free butter. Mix well together.
- Remove the cashews from the water. Put them in blender with the lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add cream from tin of coconut milk and blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients into blender and mix well.
- Spoon onto base and place in fridge overnight. If it doesn’t set you can freeze and defrost when needed.
- Decorate with mini oreos.
- Use 100g of strawberries instead of oreos
- Add chocolate chips to topping
- Use a mixture of digestive biscuits and ginger biscuits in base