Caramel filled chocolates
These are so good.
They are vegan, gluten free and nut free.
Some cheap to make once you have moulds.
- 100g chocolate- I used cheap lidl dark chocolate that’s dairy and soya free. Any chocolate will work so whatis your safe chocolate.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil – this makes it easier to spread in the mould.
- You might need more/less chocolate depending on size of your moulds.
- Use a brush and do a thin layer in mould.
- When it sets, brush on another layer. Keep doing this until you are happy mould is fully covered. Hold up to the light to make sure there’s no missed bits.
- The cream from half a can of tinned coconut, this doesn’t need to be accurately measured.
- 100g brown sugar – white will also work but will slightly change the flavour
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/golden syrup
- 100g dairy free butter
- Put all ingredients in to saucepan. Simmer on medium heat for 20/30 minutes until golden brown. Stir regularly. Leave to cool fully.
- Once chocolate is set, fill with cold caramel.
- Cover with more chocolate. Once fully set remove from moulds