****dairy free, soya free, egg free and gluten free ****
400g/3 cups self-raising gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
250g/1¼ cups caster sugar
120ml/half a cup flavourless oil (vegetable oil, sunflower oil, rapeseed oil)
400ml/2⅔ cups rice milk (or any milk)
3 tbsp/50ml/75g golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 180/350 degrees. Grease 2 8 inch/20cm circular tins.
- Mix dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl, mix all liquid ingredients together. Whisk to incorporate air.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until ingredients are completely combined.
- Divide equally between the 2 cake trays.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes.
Use buttercream between layer. https://freefromyummies.ie/2018/11/14/dairy-free-butter-cream/