A can of vegan condensed milk (320g can) or Homemade Condensed coconut milk
75g/⅓ cup dairy free butter
75g/less than ½ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup (maple syrup or corn syrup can alternatively be used but these will alter the flavour)
2 tsp vanilla essence
*** Method ***
- Put the condensed milk, caster sugar, syrup and butter into a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over a low heat until sugar melt. Stir constantly to prevent burning. this will take approximately 10/15 minutes.
- The mixture will thicken as the sugar and syrup melts.
- Continue stirring over medium heat until colour changes to a ‘caramel’. This will not take very long so watch carefully as it can easily burn.
- Put in moulds to set or spread on line tray to set. Leave overnight before removing from moulds or cutting.
- The fudge will keep for up to a week in a air tight container.
*** Alternatives ***
- Add chopped nuts once you get the caramel colour.
- Line moulds in chocolate prior to adding fudge
- Role fudge into balls and cover in either icing sugar or cocoa powder