Chocolate chunk cookies
**Egg free, dairy free, nut free & gluten free **
100g/half a cup dairy free butter (Stork margarine in gold foil)
50g/quarter of a cup caster sugar/baker sugar
100g/half a cup brown sugar
225g/2 cups plain gluten free flour (sieved) (any flour will work)
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp golden syrup/honey/maple syrup/corn syrup
100g/1 cup chopped chocolate
– Preheat oven to 180 C/356 F
– Cream the butter and sugar together
– Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda and mix well.
– While mixer is going, add the water, oil and golden syrup.
– Fold in the chocolate.
– Roll into balls, place on lined baking tray and bake for 12/14 minutes.
– Careful not to over bake.
– Half way through baking, remove from oven and tap on worktop. Do this again at end of bake.
– Leave on tray for 5 minutes and move to wired tray to fully cool.
- Add a cup of chopped nuts
- Replace 30g/2 tablespoons of the flour with cocoa powder