*** Vegan coconut condensed milk ***
1 can of full fat coconut milk (400g)
100g/½ cup sugar
50g/¼ cup dairy free butter
- Place the tinned coconut milk in fridge over night to it will raise to the top of the can.
- Take the coconut cream from the canned milk and put in the bowl of your slow cooker. You do not need to be exact. It doesn’t matter if some of the water form the can is put in the bowl as it will evaporate.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and turn on high and leave lid off.
- Cook for 2 hours, mix every 30 minutes. It should have reduced in volume/
- Mix well at the end of the 2 hours and pour in jar to cool and thicken. Place in fridge overnight.
- Can be made using alternative milks creams. It may require a longer time depending on fat content of milk been used.
- Works well with soya cream or oat milk cream.