*** Dairy free, Soya free, Egg free and Gluten free ***
1 can of chickpeas (400g)
125g/half cup of peanut butter/any nut butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp flavourless oil
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
100g/half cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F. Line a 8 inch square tin.
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Put all ingredients, except chocolate, in food processor and put on at medium/high for 10 minutes. (Mixture will be thick and sticky)
- Fold in half the chocolate.
- Spread mix in tin.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate across top of mixture.
- Bake for 20/25 minutes. It should be soft but golden brown on top.
- Leave in tin to cool down.
- Cut in squares – should make about 9 blondies.
- Add half cup of chocolate nuts
- Add 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Add 1 tbsp chocolate spread
Aquafaba – liquid from the tinned chickpeas
The aquafaba can be used as an egg replacement. It makes really good meringues.