Caramel filled chocolates
These are so good.
They are vegan, gluten free and nut free.
Some cheap to make once you have moulds.
- 100g chocolate- I used cheap lidl dark chocolate that’s dairy and soya free. Any chocolate will work so whatis your safe chocolate.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil – this makes it easier to spread in the mould.
- You might need more/less chocolate depending on size of your moulds.
- Use a brush and do a thin layer in mould.
- When it sets, brush on another layer. Keep doing this until you are happy mould is fully covered. Hold up to the light to make sure there’s no missed bits.
- The cream from half a can of tinned coconut, this doesn’t need to be accurately measured.
- 100g brown sugar – white will also work but will slightly change the flavour
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/golden syrup
- 100g dairy free butter
- Put all ingredients in to saucepan. Simmer on medium heat for 20/30 minutes until golden brown. Stir regularly. Leave to cool fully.
- Once chocolate is set, fill with cold caramel.
- Cover with more chocolate. Once fully set remove from moulds
A can of vegan condensed milk (320g can) or Homemade Condensed coconut milk
75g/⅓ cup dairy free butter
75g/less than ½ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup (maple syrup or corn syrup can alternatively be used but these will alter the flavour)
2 tsp vanilla essence
*** Method ***
- Put the condensed milk, caster sugar, syrup and butter into a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over a low heat until sugar melt. Stir constantly to prevent burning. this will take approximately 10/15 minutes.
- The mixture will thicken as the sugar and syrup melts.
- Continue stirring over medium heat until colour changes to a ‘caramel’. This will not take very long so watch carefully as it can easily burn.
- Put in moulds to set or spread on line tray to set. Leave overnight before removing from moulds or cutting.
- The fudge will keep for up to a week in a air tight container.
*** Alternatives ***
- Add chopped nuts once you get the caramel colour.
- Line moulds in chocolate prior to adding fudge
- Role fudge into balls and cover in either icing sugar or cocoa powder
*** Vegan gluten free fudge ***
- Place condensed milk and chocolate in slow cooker at high until chocolate is melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, turn down to low.
- Leave on low for 90 minutes, stir regularly.
- At end of 90 minutes, add any extra ingredients/flavours
- Pour in lined tray or moulds and put into fridge overnight.
- White chocolate
- Creme mint chocolate
- Peanut/almond butter