25ml golden syrup/maple syrup/corn syrup. 100g brown sugar 80ml milk (any alternative milk) 60ml oil 125ml yogurt (I use koko yogurt) 180g self raising flour (I use gluten free self raising flour) 1 tsp baking powder 100g dairy free chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
** Method **
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Whisk the syrup, milk, oil and yogurt together. Add to the sugar, flour and baking powder. Mix well. Carefully fold in the chocolate. Put in loaf tin and bake for 45/50 minutes.
Place the tinned coconut milk in fridge over night to it will raise to the top of the can.
Take the coconut cream from the canned milk and put in the bowl of your slow cooker. You do not need to be exact. It doesn’t matter if some of the water from the can is put in the bowl as it will evaporate.
Place all ingredients in slow cooker and turn on high and leave lid off.
Cook for 2 hours, mix every 30 minutes. It should have reduced in volume/
Mix well at the end of the 2 hours and pour in jar to cool and thicken. Place in fridge overnight.
Can be made using alternative milks creams. It may require a longer time depending on fat content of milk been used.
100g/half a cup dairy free butter (Stork margarine in gold foil)
50g/quarter of a cup caster sugar/baker sugar
100g/half a cup brown sugar
225g/2 cups plain gluten free flour (any plain flour will work)
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp golden syrup/honey/maple syrup/corn syrup
100g/1 cup chopped chocolate
– Preheat oven to 180 C/356 F
– Cream the butter and sugar together
– Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda and mix well.
– While mixer is going, add the water, oil and golden syrup.
– Fold in the chocolate.
– Roll into balls, place on lined baking tray.
– Chill in fridge for about 30 minutes before baking. Bake for 12/15 minutes.
– Careful not to over bake.
– Half way through baking, remove from oven and tap on worktop. Do this again at end of bake.
– Leave on tray for 5 minutes and move to wired tray to fully cool.
Add a cup of chopped nuts
Replace 30g/2 tablespoons of the flour with cocoa powder
Use 50g white chocolate chips and add 50g of dried chopped cranberries